Tuesday, February 6, 2007

If they only knew..

I happened upon the Feminine Mormon Housewives blog a couple of years back and found that I felt at home among the frequenters because of their recognition of certain issues within the church. It was the only connection I felt I had to non-TBM conversation (besides Gluby, but I wasn't ready to talk to him about it yet). I eventually used to check there several times a day before I found my new blog family. Now I often get frustrated by the open talk of cognitive dissonance they live with to be able to go to church (Mostly because I am still trying to deal with mine).

Every once in awhile I stop by Feminist Mormon Housewives to see if there is anything new and of interest to me. This is a post from Sunday.

The chapel doors seem to say to me….

By: Guest - February 4, 2007

by Patti,

Tonight while we were singing “The Chapel Doors,” one of my youngsters was playing with a “pirate island” toy. When you push down the toy’s button, a mangy pirate voice yells out one-liners like, “HANDS OFF ME GOLD!” and “X MARKS THE SPOT!”

Well, as we were singing, the button got pushed at the just the right (wrong?) moment and this is what could be heard:

“The Chapel Doors seem to say to me….. aarrrggghh! THERE’S NO ESCAPE!”


If they only knew the true irony here....

8 comments:

Liseysmom said...

No way!! I had the exact same though when I read that post!! Too funny...

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Ha ha ha. That is too damn funny for words. I love it.

Crohn's is my bitch said...

I LOVE this one! Maybe seeking signs isn't so bad after all, huh?

A.

Lemon Blossom said...

Liseysmom - I know. The irony just slapped me upside the head when I read this. Glad to see you are feeling better!

SML - I bet it curled one of the hairs on your cute li'l avatar's head, right?

A - especially when you are seeking signs from a Supreme Being who sounds like a pirate!

Sideon said...

Today's lesson is about Joseph Smith and the Golden Plates. Whenever he was asked them, he would invariably say:

"HANDS OFF ME GOLD!"

Whenever he courted other men's wives, he was fond of wearing pants that had a cross-stitched fly. He would often point down and say to them:

"X MARKS THE SPOT!"

Lemon Blossom said...

Ha, ha, ha! *stifling giggle to not wake the baby* HA!

I mean, thank you, Brother siDeON, for that inspiring, thoughtful lesson about our profit. Will someone please volunteer to offer the closing prayer?

Freckle Face Girl said...

I'm at work & had to bite my tongue to keep myself from laughing too loud. :)

Lemon Blossom said...

I'm glad it made you laugh and I hope that you didn't draw blood from biting too hard. :)